Just Like That

“Hey, open the door.” He said as he peeped in from the window glass. She was staring right at him through window glass, unaware of his identity even her own also. She was trying to remember who he was, suddenly she thought of him as a serial killer of whom she had heard yesterday on the radio. She was scared. She was out of options to help herself. She was waving her hands signaling him to stay away from her but he was trying hard to convince her for opening door. She grabbed the phone and called 911 for help. Within a coming minute, police were there. He was scared to see the sight in front of him. One of the policemen grabbed him and pinned him down on the grass. He kept on saying that he was innocent but all in vain. She stepped outside the house along with a policeman.
“Yes, he was trying to kill me. He was knocking the door so hard that I almost got a heart attack.”  By that time, one of the policemen went inside the house for regular checking and found a photograph of same women and same men in the house in wedding attire. He was shocked. He immediately showed the picture to his superior and they enquired the women about it. “Yes, I am married to this man but he is out on work and also he is not bald like him (pointing towards the so-called culprit)”
“But Mam, he is the same person but yes he has gone bald, but he is your husband.” the head policeman said.
“Huh, yeah I know I forget things but I can’t forget my husband”
There was little chattering between the policeman and they make a background check with the caught men then. After enough interrogation that too satisfied one, they left him and convince that lady that he was his husband.
She was shocked for a while, but soon she regained her senses and felt embarrassed with the whole situation. Everyone present there consoled her and warned the husband to take care of her. He was already terrified with the whole incident; he did nothing except nodding in yes.
When everybody left, wife made a cup of green tea for her husband and for herself too. They were sitting together and he asked him, “Honey, It wasn’t known to me that you are suffering from such a chronic thing. We are going to doctor by tomorrow only. I don’t want us to be in that kind of situation again. But I am shocked how come I have not noticed this thing before. There were no signs of this problem in you.”
She mocks “yes you know honey; you said by yourself that I keep forgetting things and I don’t do anything properly.”
“When I said so” he was surprised.
“Last day, when you were shouting at me when I forgot to add sugar to your green tea and cursing me for that saying, I am a pathetic being, who keep forgetting things. One day I will forget about you as well. So I was just creating that situation to see what will be the outcome.”
She left the room and he was sitting there with eyes wide open, lost in his scary thoughts.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of “Animal Farm”—George Orwell

love and faith

Conditioning Of The Brain